Friday, October 31, 2008

TGIF

It is FRIDAY - yeah:)
The week has been pretty good, I am finding myself in need of a "serious" nap about 3:15 everyday. The serious part comes in that I sleep hard for an hour sometimes more. Then I feel like I could sleep all night.

This weekend is the Alumni Weekend at Southern Illinois, the Girls (volleyball players) are getting together to celebrate 50 years of Volleyball. I think a number of the returning girls will play as well! Aaron and I did not make plans to attend, he will be preaching Sunday and I love answering the door for Halloween ... and I was hoping to be playing volleyball. The 5 hour drive keeps us from traveling over and back in a quick one day trip.  BUT the thought did cross my mind.

Aaron and I are going to have a last minute get-a-way this weekend. Aaron's good friend Jeff
(the team mate of his @ University of Illinois that lead him to Christ, and is now a Pastor too) Has extra tickets to the U of I game vs Iowa. I am a little torn... My grandfather played Football at Iowa and my husband played at Illinois. It will be a great time to catch up with Jeff and his wife (who also went to SIU, we were there at the same time and have mutual friends!) and take a quick trip out of town. I look forward to sharing pictures from the trip - we may even be able to make it down to the field with these 2 former players:) 

I also look forward to what my nieces and nephews will be dressed as tonight ... It has been fun to watch the older boys (4th and 2nd grade) decide to be more scary things instead of super heroes ... none the less, I look forward to them ding dong-ing me. I will be dressed with my cool homemade bat head band and homemade t-shirt ... that I ironed on eyes. They are strategically placed on my belly. As if Jeremy were looking out. I could have done a jack-o-lantern on the belly, it is nice and round like a pumpkin. 

Finally, one piece of scripture that I read this morning ...
Be Strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

have a blessed weekend

GRACE AND PEACE!



No comments: