Sunday, November 2, 2008

I AM

Driving over to watch the Illini play was great. It was fun to see Aaron's stomping ground and hear his stories and once again show me the numerous places he lived. We walked quite a bit, and today I feel it! Glad we set our clocks back and I got the extra hour of sleep! The football stadium has been renovated since his playing days and is gorgeous! To top the day off, the Illini won:)

During the drive, I read the final 2 chapters of Life On Loan to Aaron. I had read them, but wanted him to hear them as well. Our group is behind the church in the study, so we were just finishing up. As I read the final chapters I realized I was not just reading to Aaron, but to myself.

When I consider the current trial in my life I spend sometime questioning why me - but the more times I feel Jeremy move and flip and see how my belly has grown all I see is a miracle. Then when reading this passage ... I realize Paul's trial was even worse:

" I have ... been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received ... forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea. I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers." 2 Corinthians 11:23-26

The book states our questions should not be "Why did God allow this" but "How can God use this in my life to make me more like the person he wants me to be?" We can not always choose what happens to us, but we do get to choose how we respond.

A littler later on, the book talks about Moses. He was called by God from his life, to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses tried to get out of it using excuse after excuse why he was not the right person - then God had enough of the excuses and told Moses to tell the people ... " I AM has sent me to you!" Exodus 3:14.

I can think of many reasons why I fall short of the call God has placed on me - reading this part of the book I was moved and know that will fall short every time, that is why God not only said to Moses but all if us " I AM is all you need!"
  • I am not wise enough - God says, I AM
  • I am not confident in myself - I AM
  • I am not sure of the answers - I AM
  • I am uncertain of the time - I AM
  • I am not strong enough - I AM
  • I am not over my past - I AM
  • I am not capable - I AM
  • I am not sure of my story - I AM
God will use me and you to make an eternal difference in the world. HE will help us through everything. He will guide and lead us to become who he needs for the Kingdom - once we decide to do what he is asking. GLORY!!!!!!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: