Friday, October 24, 2008

Embracing the Moment

from Stormies Heart ....
Walking step by step with God requires embracing the moment you are in. For example when you are tempted to become fearful, frustrated, uncertain, or panicked about what is happening in your life, stop and see that God is in it. And with Him, you have everything you need for the moment. Here and Now.

It's amazing that when we open our eyes to the whole picture, we have a different perspective. When we embrace Him, we see the blessings that are right in front of us. We can be content right where we are no matter what state we are in - literally and figuratively - because He is there. (Philippians 4:11)

Regardless if what your situation is at this moment, God had an abundance of blessings for your. Right where you are, God is working powerfully in your life. He wants you to close your eyes, call out His name, and say , "Lord show me your hand in my life right now." He wants you to sense his presence. He wants you to trust that when you are afraid, you can turn to Him and find his peace. When you are weary, you will find His strength. When you are empty, you will find His fullness. When you are sad, you will find his joy.

When you embrace the heart of God in the nitty-gritty details of your life, you will find a oneness with him you never dreamed possible. And you'll sense that He is in control and will not let you get off course. Whenever you feel angry, sad, depressed, or fearful, say, "God, reveal Yourself to me in this moment. What are you doing in my life that I am not seeing? If all things work together for good, then show me the good."

When you are determined to see the good you will find it. If God knows your thoughts (Psalm 94:11), your heart (1Samuel 16:7), when you stand and sit down (Psalm 139:2) and how many hairs are on your head (Matthew 10:30), then He knows where you are at any given moment. He sees your circumstances. just because you can't see anything ahead doesn't mean He can't. He can and does. He knows where you've been. He knows where you are headed. He knows where you are supposed to be going. And He knows how to get you there. You have Him, and He is all you need.

This was my reading this morning - Stormie Omartian
... what a blessing that I chose this bible last Christmas - The Power of a Praying Woman Bible. It is full of prayers, insights, and pages that have been drawing me in. Everyday I either learn something new or I am reminded about how much God loves me (and us). Everyday, I read something that I need to fuel my soul. WOW!

I will continue to embrace the moments today, tomorrow and always. Everyday is a special day - I will be intentional to find the multitudes of blessings in each moment.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: