Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Psalm 28

Thanks to Aaron, when I need to read more of the Word I always look to the Psalms - specifically the Psalm number that corresponds with the date.
Today I read Psalm 28 2, 6-7 ....

2 Hear my cry for mercy
as I cry for help,
as I lift up my hands
toward your Most Holy Place.

6 Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield
my heart trusts in him and I am helped
my heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

Yesterday I was not very hungry, that worries me. I wonder if Jeremy is okay.
Then last night I woke up with a very hungry stomach. Jeremy was so active he woke me up, I drank some water then realized it was not the middle of the night, but my alarm would be going off in about 5 min. So we rolled out of bed, that is what JP and I do now, got ready for school and had a big breakfast - eggs, bacon, toast, hot cider ... then we read.

As I knowingly head into the home stretch, Jeremy continues to encourage me. This morning as I read he was kicking and jabbing, my heart lept with joy as I read the Psalm, typically I read out loud so Jeremy can hear the word too. As the day progresses, Jeremy has continued to be active - what a JOY - praise be to God.

I am comforted through my reading to know that David, a man after God's own heart cried out to the Lord for mercy. And I know that God is love and if he hears David, he hears me. I cannot hold in the pain, hurt, fear, uncertainty - I must release it to God. Here on earth, no one has the answer, no one can explain why or provide the knowledge we long for - Only God can provide what I am longing for, and with that only in his time. I will be patient, pray and rest knowing that He loves me and  "The Lord is with me like a Mighty Warrior" Jeremiah 20:11 

He can and is able to do things that we can not explain - I pray for his will to be done in this time of waiting for Jeremy. HIS WILL - not my own.  He is my strength and my shield ... GLORY! 


GRACE AND PEACE!



1 comment:

Go Mom Go said...

Beth,
Check out the new "theme" for the Ironman for kids...
http://ironmanforkids.com/

Tri-Be
Battle.Breathe.Believe.

-- there is a description of each one and why BUT I thought of the GRACE that Believe was included.

Hang in. I am here...always!

Love you!
Laura