Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Prayer for Believers

My morning reading today ... yes I am going to post the entire scripture ... too good not to! 

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. i pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21

Stormie writes: Have you ever needed great strength - an extraordinary measure of ability to handle an extremely heavy problem? Sometimes we look at our situations and wonder how we can possibly make it through. It is beyond our ability to cope. BUT we can reach out to the only One who is able to provide everything we need to rise above it.  
Paul prayed that God would give the Ephesians great inner strength out of God's own unlimited resources. his most impassioned plea was that the believers would begin to comprehend the vastness of God's love - its width, length, height, and depth. No matter how great the storm in our lives, God will wrap His love around us, covering and protecting us as we walk through it. Thank God daily that His love is so powerful it can give you the strength and ability to transcend any situation.

I thank the Lord daily that he loves me enough to fill me with his strength. He is the renewable energy source! :) 

have a blessed day .... what a powerful word today! 

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I read your sister's blog and she has talked about your son, so I have started reading your blog. I want you to know that I am constantly encouraged by your words.

Today Baby Jeremy helped me through a hard time. I gave him a shout out on my blog if you want to check it out.

This past September I volunteered at Ironman Wisonsin and met Michael Hennessy who is doing Ironman races to raise awareness for Trisomy 13 and 18 kids and families. I have since joined his team and will be doing all of my races in the name of Trisomy awareness.

I have been reading yoru sister's blog for a while now and after I posted about Tri-ing for TRIsomy she told me or I read on her blog about Jeremy. It made me realize I needed to do this more than ever.

I'm here for you and will be praying for you, your hubby, and Jeremy.

As I said on my blog today. . .
Jeremy is not even born yet and he has already touched my life. Thanks you for sharing your journey.

Take care,
Melissa