Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finding the Words

This morning I read from Stormie a "going deeper" devotional ...
I have entered into the book of Romans, which I love ... but this was simply great to read this morning

I read Romans 8:18-38 ( I am sure I will comment directly regarding some of those passages later)
When Words Don't Come
" In the same way, the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27

FROM STORMIE:
When we pray, we are talking to God - maybe out loud, or in a whisper, or silently. Probably most of us try to carefully choose the words to say. We want to get it just right, to be specific, to talk to God in a way that is pleasing to Him and that really expresses our hearts. But sometimes the words won't come. Sometimes the pain is too deep, the questions too difficult, the situation to confusing or complex, the fear too acute. We want to talk to God, but we don't know how to express what we feel. What then?
God promises that when we don't have the words, the Holy Spirit prays for us! HE searches our hearts and knows what's going on, and intercedes. He pleads with God on our behalf.

In times of grief or suffering - when we can barely see past the pain to communicate with anyone ... the Holy Spirit helps us to pray.
In times of uncertainty - when we are so unsure of the path ahead that we don't even know what kind of guidance to ask for ... the Holy Spirit helps up pray.
In times of fear - when we are so frightened that we don't know where to turn or who to trust ... the Holy Spirit helps us pray.
In times of feeling overwhelmed - when the crushing weight on our shoulders pushes us to our knees ... the Holy Spirit helps us pray.
When you can't find the words, simply sit with God and invite the Holy Spirit to enable you to communicate to God your deepest thoughts, feelings, fears, and doubts. He will help you pray.

Since July 31st (the day of our 1st ultra sound) I have, on many occasions, not been able to find the words to speak to God. This devotion clarifies how and why with out my knowing, I feel peaceful even when I do not speak, my deepest prayers are heard. Each "In Time of" that Stormie spoke of, I have have felt - all at once or separate. In those times I will just sit quite, pull out my prescription cards, or go to the Bible - That is the Holy Spirit working on my behalf. What an awesome prayer partner we all have. He knows our needs and our heart better then we ever will.
Looking at yesterdays reading ... the Holy Spirit is one outward representation of Gods Love for us. God loves us so much he has sent help, because we can not do it our self! 
What a strong foundation to lean on.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: