Thursday, October 16, 2008

Armed for Battle

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes ... Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians 6:11, 18

Paul is instructing us specifically on how to take our stand, how to be prepared for battle. As Aaron and I get closer to the arrival of Jeremy, there are numerous battles going on in my head and around me. Revisiting the Armor provides strength and a visual to take the stand needed as we head into more waiting and trusting ... There are a number of areas that are uncertain and we will not have absolute answers until Jeremy arrives. We are told through out the bible to wait patiently ... yeah, anyone who knows me, knows I am not a very patient person and I like to do things on my own - what lesson for me to learn. But I am a willing student and servant - I will walk by faith not by sight.

Paul gives us specific pieces of Armor ...
the Belt of Truth ( fight Satan's lies)
the Breastplate of Righteousness (protect our hearts)
shoes (firm foundation in our walk with Christ)
the Shield of Faith (repel Satan's accusations)
the Helmet of Salvation (protect our minds)
the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God, to give us knowledge, instruction and ever-increasing faith)

Paul instructs us, to daily dress for the battle ... then when dressed PRAY.
Pray on all occasions and with all kinds of prayers and requests.

I am armed for battle ... are you?

on a side note ... for the past 6 months I have been called "35" simply because I would be 35 at the time of delivery ... well today I am officially 35. WOW!


GRACE AND PEACE!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday dear Beth!!
Happy Birthday to you!!

And many more!!


My birthday is on the 13th and I just turned 35 as well. Did you get to do anything yesterday for your bday?
Hope you were able to enjoy it.