Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. but he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:8-10

In my reading today, I am nearing the end of 2nd Corinthians, and this was a statement from Paul regarding a thorn that was stuck in his side. He asked God 3 times to remove the hardship - take it away. God said no. Let this draw you closer to me. I will give you grace to bear it and unexpected power through it. Trust Me.   
For me, the reading placed into perspective that I pray continually for Jeremy's healing and strength to continue to move forward. Paul, asked to have a hardship removed, something that would have made his life easier, but God use the thorn to draw him in. Over the past 3 months God has been drawing me in. Everyday, I turn to him and he extends his grace and power to help me daily. The thorn Paul was experiencing was not from God, but God used the thorn to his glory and honor. 

We pray not to get something out of God - instead they help us to find our way to God. Prayer means accepting Gods answer even if it is not what we prayed it would be.  I pray that I will be able to accept his will for me - - surprisingly similar to Jesus in the garden, praying for the cup to pass, but he was willing to obey God and follow his will for the Cross. We need to trust and obey that God the Father. He has a perfect plan.  For when I am weak - I turn to him and he will make me stronger then thought possible. 

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: