Friday, October 10, 2008

Multiple Prayers

Another Friday Morning ... another good week. A long week - but good week. On the volleyball side, we played matches Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That makes for 3 late nights and a somewhat "crabby" Beth. It has been homecoming week at the high school, nice to see most of the students participating in spirit week. Aaron and I plan to attend the football game tonight - we will see what the day brings.

Reading today:
I will praise you,O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2

God gives us such a powerful weapon with which we can fight our battles - the weapon of praise. Enemies will turn back, because they cannot stand in His presence. This is a weapon that never runs out of ammo ... when we use ALL our heart. WE do not praise God for our troubles, but in the midst of them. We rest secure that He "remember; he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted." (Psalm 9:12)

prayer: Lord we come to you humbly again today, cover us in your grace, mercy and peace today. Bless each person that reads this blog, and those in our hearts. I continue to life Jeremy to you, continued growth, cover his heart, lungs, brain, kidneys, liver, muscles and bone - bless him from head to toe. Praise be to you God our Father, in Jesus Name. Amen


Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.
pray: Bless me, Lord, for I know that no sorrow comes without your blessing.


from joel ....
The God of Comfort
Today's Scripture
“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…” (Isaiah 66:13 NIV).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Oftentimes, when people face challenges, they seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, or an activity, or relationships; and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is found in a personal relationship with God in heaven through His Son, Jesus.
According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means: to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope, and confidence. Make the decision to put Him first in every area of your life.
Let go of those things you know are holding you back. Let Him be Lord over all! As you surrender to His grace, you will be filled with His peace and joy. You’ll be empowered to overcome every obstacle, and you will live in victory all the days of your life.
A Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: