Friday, January 23, 2009

taken care of

God continues to take care of me ( and those around me) He is so awesome and amazing, he truly cares for us and delights when we rely on him.
The past months would have been completely unbearable if I was not in a relationship with Christ, when I read Joel's word today - I was encouraged and reminded of how AMAZING and important that relationship has been and will continue to be.

Created to Overcome
Today's Scripture
"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (I John 4:4 NKJ).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Are you facing a situation today that seems impossible? Even if you don´t see how things will work out, remember, you are created to overcome. As a child of the Most High God, the Greater One lives on the inside of you. There are seeds of faith planted in your heart, and the way you activate those seeds is by the words of your mouth. Begin to declare, "I am bigger than this problem. I am created to overcome. I am destined to live in victory because the Greater One lives inside of me."
Friend, when you start speaking like that, all of heaven hears you and gets behind what you are saying. That´s why it´s so important to stir up the fire that God has placed on the inside of you. Don´t just sit back and be passive. That obstacle may look impossible, but God wouldn´t have allowed it in your life if He didn´t already know that you could overcome it! Quit looking at your difficulties as obstacles that are going to hold you back and start looking at them as opportunities that are going to push you forward into the live of victory He has in store for you!


A Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of victory. Fill my heart with Your peace and joy today and help me to stay focused on You. In Jesus´ Name. Amen.

I consider my relationships with my parents, sisters and the community of friends that have come alongside Aaron and I on this journey - I am in awe of the Body of Christ. We are seeing the Kingdom work together. Just as God offers His strength and support - he uses those around us to bring the strength and support. They are the manifest of his Glory. The community represents His deep and unchanging love for us. WHEWW - and just to think this is only a small smidge of what we can expect for eternity.

The past few days have been busy - I have walked on my sisters treadmill, visited the children's museum, "lunched", got together with the girls in the life group, and today I am going to the bounce zone. (A large building with bounce houses ... a great way for little people to use energy!) Tonight, Aaron and I have a dinner date - and tomorrow marks the FINAL day of The 21 day fast for Brookside Church. Looking forward to seeing what has been revealed to the Church in this time.

Praying for you all to have a wonderful day ... if you are in Indy, enjoy the "heat" 40+ today!

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

The Oppold Family: said...

And if you're in MN. don't freeze your dairy err off! -15 this morning!! Enjoy the warmth!!!