Saturday, January 10, 2009

Game Plan

Last week at this tine I was in excruciating pain as my body prepared for Jeremy's arrival. I recall just a day or two earlier I had prayed that I would KNOW that I would KNOW it was time - last Saturday I KNEW! The contractions started at 12:45 am Friday - they became more intense and frequent Saturday - and we headed to the hospital at 12:15pm ... When I called the DR she told me to call back when the contractions were 3-5 min apart and I could not talk through them. Well part of the competitor in me was sure I would never be headed to the hospital - thankfully I listened to the Holy Spirit and submitted. All mothers have a birth story, we learn so much about these amazing bodies we have been blessed with - Only God could create something so efficient and beautiful. And not freak our husbands out too much.
Jeremiahs impending arrival marked the end of one chapter of the journey, just to have us start a new chapter. And I can count on the underlying theme to be the same - GOD.

FROM JOEL, as I ponder in what this new chapter will entail, I enjoyed this devotion:
Plan for a Comeback
Today's Scripture
"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ…" (II Corinthians 2:14, NKJ).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be planning for a comeback! In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making your list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Put some action behind your faith. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


The coach in me, is always looking for a strategy, or a game plan to come back or to stay out in front. Sometimes the plan and focus has to change completely, other times small tweaks, and sometimes you just keep doing what you are doing. For me, I plan to keep doing what I am doing, leaning, trusting, and walking in Faith that God will direct me. He is the master planner, I simply need to listen and obey.

Aaron and I continue to lift each of you up in prayer, thank you for all your love support and prayers!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: