Thursday, January 8, 2009

He lifts you up

To try and say yesterday was a hard day is an absolute understatement, so this morning when I got up to read the devotion from Joel - I have to know that God is at work, He has not left us, and He is creating in me something new ...

He Lifts You Up
Today's Scripture

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair…He set my feet on solid ground…He has given me a new song to sing…" (Psalm 40:1-3, NLT).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever felt like you were in a pit of despair? Just like God lifted David out, God is going to lift you out. Where you are right now is not where you’re going to stay. There are brighter days up ahead for you filled with favor, promotion, and increase. As you walk uprightly before Him, no good thing will He withhold from you. Notice that God gives us a new song. We have to do our part to sing that song. That means you don’t go around talking about your problems, how bad things are, or how you’re never going to make it. No, you have a song of victory! If somebody asks you how you’re doing, your attitude should be, "I’m too blessed to be stressed! I’m moving forward in strength and power." Remember, praise precedes the victory, and the Bible tells us that God is enthroned on our praises. As you magnify and lift Him up, He will lift you up out of your despair. He’ll set your feet on solid ground, and you’ll move forward in joy and victory in every area of your life.
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for lifting me up and setting me feet on solid ground. I will sing the new song You’ve placed in my heart. Keep me close to You always and moving forward in the plan You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


A deep thanks to all, never have we felt alone or deserted - because of your prayers we know we are not alone. That does not mean sadness does not creep in - but it has a short stay when we recognize how blessed we truly are to have so many wonderful people surrounding us - thank you.

Today we will meet to plan the service to celebrate our son, Jeremiah Parker Shelby ... and there are many reasons to celebrate, sometimes it is hard to see those blessings through our tears - but be assured they are there!

GRACE AND PEACE!

6 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Each day I am more and more inspired by you. I want to have faith like you! A faith that continues to grow stronger when things don't go according to our plan. God is being glorified in your words and actions! You are a blessing to me and so many. Praying for you!

tiffschlueter said...

My name is Tiffany Schlueter. I am a friend of Sarah and Craig's. They shared your blog with me, and I feel the need to tell you what an inspiration your faith has been to me. You've given me the spiritual kick-in-the-butt that I needed, and help put my problems in perspective. You've reminded me of the peace that comes when you let God have control and just believe in His love. You are truly a warrior for God, and I pray that His strength continues to pour through you. You are truly an amazing woman!

Two Kids and a Mommy said...

WOW...These comments say it all....You are one of CHRIST's TRUE warriors Beth...Thank you for continuing to share

The Liller Family said...

Aaron & Beth,
I don't really even know what to say other than I'm so sorry for everything you're going through right now. However, I'm truly amazed and inspired by your unwavering faith. Not to sound cliche, but God is definitely working in and through this tragedy. I pray baby Jeremy is your guardian angel up in heaven, until you all meet again, may you continue to put your trust in God - the light you are pouring upon those around you is a blessing beyond measure!!!
Love & prayers to you!!!
The Liller's

Nimkee's Mum said...

Many healing prayers have been said for you, to help you through this difficult time. I too lost a baby with Trisomy 13, and oh what a blessing he was, and continues to be.
I just wanted to let you know I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers always, and will continue to remember your sweet angel, along with mine...as my children and I say our nightly prayers.

If there is anything I can do, please know I am here to help in any way. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Love, Peace, & Nimkee blessings to you all,
Melissa, Bennett-Chadlen's proud mum

Leslie said...

Thought I would catch up on the blog again, but, after reading it, all I want to do is hear your voice. You know me:) Your strength continues to be such a healing power. Thinking of J-man this evening, Love Les