Friday, January 2, 2009

Is it time yet?

Still no "body"" changes for me ... today I have been very lazy after a sleepless night. Not that I was not tired, I just could not get comfortable. I spent most of the time adjusting, squirming, sitting, laying .. it was not enjoyable. Then to top it off, my throat is super raw - from my sinus draining. Which means each time I swallow if I had been sleeping, then I would be awake. It is a no win situation.
BUT enough on the complaining stage - I have talked to enough Moms that the sleepless nights are VERY normal so I will just suck it up and do the best I can.

Last night Aaron and I spent time at my Sisters with her Family (she has 4 kids) and watched the Rose Bowl, would have been a good game if Penn State had played the 2nd quarter! I am ready for the Big Ten to win a Rose Bowl already ... those who might not know, Aaron played Football at the University of Illinois, so we always root for the Big 10. In his years there, he did go to 4 bowl games - but never the Rose Bowl - even though one on the years they tied #1 in the Big Ten ... oh well! He still had some great experiences and it is fun to hear the stories.

Anyway, I am always recharged when I am with my nephews and nieces ... something about playing Jenga and helping the 4 year old with her "homework" no, she is not in school ... and if you ask her she will say she is "Home Schooled" I wonder where they get these things!

So the question most asked "How are things going" - well for the most part good. The bag is packed, I am ready for contractions to start and meet Jeremy. At the same time, I feel like I already know Jeremy, and I pray for the opportunity to feed him, hold him in my arms, change his diaper, watch Aaron hold him and change him, watch our parents with Jeremy ... and all our friends and family meet him and spend time with him. The hard part for me is not knowing how much time we will have.
In my heart, Jeremy is coming home and my heart does not worry about how much time - it is my head that gets stuck on the time and wanting to be sure there are no regrets. How do you get your head to trust that God has a plan, my heart is completely there.

Questions have come in regarding visits to the hospital - my feelings, it you are comfortable coming to the hospital come visit. Aaron and I are creating a list of numbers and emails so we can update people - if you would like to be included you can send us an email: shelbyab@sbcglobal.net and will will add you to our list. We will of course keep the blog updated as best we can.

Please continue to pray for Jeremy's arrival and specifically his heart. Pray for me, that I will KNOW if I go into labor, for a a speedy and safe delivery. Pray for Aaron to remain calm and cool when I am not.

from Joel today ....
It's Your Time
Today's Scripture
“The vision is yet for an appointed time..." (Habakkuk 2:3).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
God has planted seeds of greatness on the inside of you, and He has predestined that those things in your heart come to pass. You may have had more than your share of unfair things happen in your life. You probably have plenty of reasons to just settle where you are. But understand, the depth of your past is an indication of the height of your future. If you’ve been through a lot of negative things in the past, it just means that your future is bigger and brighter and greater than you can even imagine. It’s your time to step out and embrace all that God has for you! Are there dreams and promises that you’ve let go of? Are there things that God has placed in your heart, but because of time, because of disappointments, you’ve given up on them? Today is the day to give your dreams a new beginning. Today is the day to allow faith to rise in your heart. Remember, what’s happened to you is not nearly as important as what’s happened in you, and you are stronger and wiser than ever before. It’s your time; it’s your season to move forward into the destiny that God has prepared for you!
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for the destiny that You have placed in my heart. I choose to stand in faith knowing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I am confident that I will embrace all that You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


Jeremy is a seed of greatness - I stand in faith that God has grand plans for him and all of us!

GRACE AND PEACE!


1 comment:

, said...

Beth, I'm praying for you, Aaron and precious Jerermy. :) God bless you! Becky Vang and family