Friday, January 16, 2009

Day by Day

Today's devotion from God Calling:
It is the daily strivings that count, not the momentary heights. The obeying of My Will day in and day out, in the wilderness plains, rather than the occasional Mount of Transfiguration.
Perseverance is nowhere needed so much as in the religious life. The drudgery of the Kingdom it is that secures My intimate Friendship. I am the Lord of little things, the Divine Control of little happenings.
Nothing in the day is too small to be a part of My scheme. The little stones in a mosaic play a big part.
Joy in Me. Joy is the God-given cement that secures the harmony and beauty of My mosaic.

I wake up each morning not sure what type of day I will have, the past two have been fine - we continue to get cards i the mail and have received more flowers. These small outpourings are very helpful to remind Aaron and I that we are not alone and that yes, we do have a son. A son that is loved deeply.

This reading today, reminded me that God is with me each day - in all the little things. Making the coffee, reading my devotions, taking a shower, talking on the phone, visiting friends, walking on the treadmill - He is in Life. He is right there with me. What a HUGE blessing in that realization. And that is a realization I need to have everyday!

Thank you for all the donations to the Jeremiah Parker Shelby Memorial Fund, you have eased the financial burden considerably! THANK YOU!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: