Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sorry for the Delay!

Long time no post - All is well! I just have not had time to sit and write a post.

The weekend went way to quick, packing up the bead room and then getting out the Christmas tree. I was not going to do that - but thanks to my sister and dear friend (who both offered to help take it down) it is up:) And boy do I love Christmas lights.
PRAISE ... Saturday I was unable to sleep, not because Jeremy was not moving - but he was dancing! From about 9:30 pm until 2am he was all over the place. Yes, I was tired - but that was awesome.

Monday we had an appointment (ultra sound and Dr) Jeremy's heartbeat is great, but do continue to pray for his heart. The left side is still small. And the fluids are low. There is nothing on my end that I can do to increase these levels ... but I will return next Monday for an ultra sound to check levels again. If they drop to far we will induce and meet Jeremy early.
Otherwise, he is still growing and weighs 5lbs 6oz - right on track for 35 weeks.

Following the appointment Aaron and I met with our Special Nurse and went on a tour of Labor and Delivery and the NICU. She showed us where to go when we arrive, what the rooms will be like, where our family/friends/visitors can hang out. We spent some time in the NICU, but our plan is to have the NICU come to us, and keep our family together. SOUNDS GREAT TO US!
We felt very good after talking with our Special Nurse and walking through the area. It was also nice to revisit the same place my sister just delivered in September.

The day did not end there ... we had lunch then went over to Bill Estes Chevy - We arrived about 2pm, leaving about 6:30 pm with a new car. '09 Malibu. The "wicked" Commander is gone. We decided to keep the Yellow Jeep, we will own it in 2 months - then have only one car payment - boy am I happy. The Malibu is Sea Mist, this is a pale green. Color was not very important to me but I do like this one - I was most concerned about the price point and our monthly payment. Aaron's father works for GM, and you can not beat the employee discount - WOW! What a true blessing. I must admit, I felt like I was cheating on the Wrangler driving the Malibu home. Aaron allowed me to drive stating "It's your car" that is wild - I know we will enjoy this vehicle. FYI - the Malibu has been rated higher then the Accord and Camry AWESOME for an American Car.

We finally got home at 8pm, had dinner and were in bed by 9:30. Monday was eventful - I am curious what the reminder of the week will bring.

I have "mentally" packed my hospital bag, I suppose I need to work on putting that together for real.

Special Praise and Thanks to everyone that has sent Aaron and I emails and cards of encouragement - that is so helpful and reminds us of the Body of Christ and just how powerful the Kingdom is. God is doing amazing things in all of our lives - I am amazed by Him daily. My Father-In_Law told me that he had a conversation with some guys at work the other day , because one made a statement that God does not do things like he did in the Bible any more - We both had a chuckle, all you have to do is stop, look around and you see multiple ways in which God is moving, working and creating miracles EVERYDAY! I am pretty sure he set the guy straight.

Continue to Trust, Pray and Walk in Faith - All is Well!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

So glad you had a good weekend. I still think about you frequently and am always glad to hear how things are progressing. Love and dimes!