Sunday, December 14, 2008

37 weeks!

Today, Jeremy is 37 weeks:)
According to Dr, he is full term. GLORY TO GOD! How amazing is that, and he is active today ... I rejoice in that truth!

I did not travel to Brookside this morning, instead I remained in a lounging position. I was able to watch Charles Stanley, Joel Osteen and listen to 2 podcasts from Greg Boyd ( The pastor at Woodland Hills Church in Minneapolis) I was still able to hear the Word ... many of them!

Charles Stanley Preached about Anxiety ... from Philippians. This book was written when Paul was in a Roman prison, with every reason to be anxious and fearful .... but he was not.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9

Joel Osteen talked about Advocating Faith not Fear - he did not use the same verses ... but he could have. Both spoke on how we can make choices. If we choose to trust, follow and obey God, we have reason to praise Him and rejoice with thanksgiving in all things.

When I think about this pregnancy, we were given a very grim and poor prognosis - but still Aaron and I have spoken the Glory of God over Jeremy every day - as have our prayer warriors. These words and thoughts have provided a peace that transcends all understanding. I know that God will take care of us, he will provide the strength that we need and we get that strength from the body of Christ and the Promises of God. We have a model to follow, Jesus. Imagine Paul was in as bad a situations as possible and still He was able to rejoice, following and trusting Jesus. HOW AWESOME! That is the model to follow. That is what I choose. EVERY DAY!

NOW I WILL GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION ... my enjoyment of podcasts ...
Greg Boyd ... spoke in what it means to be a disciple and doing Gods will ... giving up all to carry the cross for the Kingdom. He was speaking from Luke 14: 15 -23 and 14:25-34.

At Woodland Hills they simply go through the Bible, verse by verse. I have been listening for the past year and I believe they started Luke 3years ago, Greg Boyd is a teacher with a pretty amazing story. I enjoy the teaching - going deeper into the word. Typically I listen to podcasts while creating jewelry - so during the vb season I get a back up of sermons to listen to ... in addition to Greg Boyd, I also listen to Rob Bell from Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan. Both of these pastors have moved from the burbs, to the inner city in their communities. They teach often about going to the people who are in most need of hearing the promises of God ... sounds like my husband:) I think that is one reason that I am drawn to both of these Churches. They are also great teachers of the Word. Both churches I plan to visit, one day. ANYWAY - sorry for the diversion, just one more place that I find myself filled with the word of God.

This afternoon is the final shower, this one will be as great as the others - I am looking forward to the fellowship.

We return to the Dr tomorrow ... 2:15, I trust that God only knows how tomorrow will go - If God is ready for us to meet Jeremy - so are we! I do think I have grown more, physically, due to the itchy stretchy feel across my belly. I pray that is the building of more fluid ...

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
GRACE AND PEACE!

3 comments:

The Oppold Family: said...

If you need a place to stay while visiting Minnesota, the Oppold's would LOVE to have you. We're still new to the "cities" but, would be happy to host you and can mapquest your way around:)
Just let us know!!
Jami

Trisomy 13 Life with Natalia ~ Transformed by Love said...

Thinking of you and keeping you in prayer...
Please know we have a very active trisomy 13 message board if you are interested in talking to other mothers who know your prenatal journey with trisomy 13.

If I can be of any support, please let me know,
Blessings,
ThereseAnn, mom to Natalia full t13

Jonique said...

I stand in agreement for the healthy delivery of you and Aarons baby boy. Add me to the list of prayer warriors...If you need to do a corporate call prayer at the same time, I am willing and able...maybe someone can plan that.

Love

Jonique