Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Real Blessing

from our devotion last night:

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing Psalm 127:3

lesson
When God first appeared to Abraham, He promised, "I will bless you ... and you will be a blessing ... and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed" (Genesis 12:2-3). Late on he pledged, " in your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 2:18). God promised to bless Abraham by giving him children, then God promised to use those children to bless all the families of the earth and every nation.
What a blessing it is to have children who bear your image, both naturally and spiritually! What a blessing to have them return your love! What a blessing to see them mature and fulfill their dreams! What an even greater blessing it is to see them bless others with the truth and expand God's blessing around the globe! I claim this status - of being a "real blessing" - for you and yours!

prayer
LORD GOD, I know the Scripture announces that those who are "of faith" are "blessed with faithful Abraham." I declare that one f my greatest blessings will be the continuation of God's blessing through my offspring. I confess that Jeremiah Parker Shelby is, and will be, a great blessing to me, but more importantly, he will be a blessing to You and to many others during his sojourn in this world. May this blessing of God flow so powerfully through Jeremiah Parker Shelby that it ultimately extends around the globe in its influence - in Jesus' name, Amen (LET IT BE SO) !

Jeremy was very active this morning and all I could do was praise God, he is so good. It felt like Jeremy was trying to stretch out his legs (which according to the ultra sounds should be long) and working his arms too ... what a wonderful feeling. I am looking forward to meeting him and loving him for eternity.

Today I will be heading to the Children's Museum with my sister, the twins and the 3 mo old little guy ... not sure how long any of us will last, but it will be nice to get out and be around people.

Finally, yesterday Aaron and I received a Christmas card with this scripture enclosed:
The good news is, with all the challenges of today, our God is still working things out, We must trust Him and never doubt.
They That Wait ...
Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause if disregarded by my God"?
Do you know know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strengthto the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
BUT those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength..
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:27-31
GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: