Tuesday, February 17, 2009

expectations

I do have big expectations for this year - I believe as we come through trials there are big things on the other side - I do need to surrender what I wish and hope for when I am expecting big thing - and trust that God will know just what I need.
What Are You Expecting
Today's Scripture
"…Open wide your mouth and I will fill it" (Psalm 81:10, NIV).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
"Do you have your mouth open wide today?" In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? Negative thinking closes you to what God wants to do in your life. If you go around thinking, "Well, I don't think I'll ever meet my sales goals this year with the economy like it is"; or "I don't think I'll ever get promoted. I'm not that qualified"; or "I don't think I'll ever get well", then the problem is that your mouth is barely open. But Jesus said, "According to your faith it will be done unto you." He might as well have said, "If you've got a cup, I'll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you've got a bucket, I'll fill you with a bucket level of blessing." Jesus is saying today, why don't you take the limits off? Why don't you believe for supernatural opportunities? Why don't you go out each day expecting increase and promotion? Expect favor, expect peace, expect joy. If you'll go out each day expecting far-and-beyond favor, if you'll "open wide your mouth", you won't be disappointed. He'll fill your cup until it overflows so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.
A Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, I come before You today with an open and humble heart, ready to receive all You have for me. Teach me to live a life that is pleasing to You so that I can be an example of Your love in the world around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.


Today was a big day for me ... my parents are on a Caribbean Cruise this week which means I got to spend all day with Jameson. He is my 4.5 month old nephew, who on Tuesdays and Thursdays spends the day with my mother "Nana". We had a blast. He enjoys laying on his back, on his belly, sleeping, smiling and even does some giggles. I will also get to spend Thursday with him, I hope he is just as easy then as he was today. I was excited to spend the day with Jameson, but I certainly missed Jeremy. He would be 6 weeks - and to say my heart does not ache for him is a lie. I know my day will come with children of our own on earth, our future children will be so blessed and so will I.

GRACE AND PEACE!

2 comments:

Two Kids and a Mommy said...

you are SUCH a good aunt!!! Sending you hugs and dreams of jeremy....xoxox

Rae Nolt said...

I am blessed by your story! Praying for you in Iowa. Can't wait to see what God has in store for your family! Blessings are to come. Praying for you!