Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a weekend!

Whew - the weekend was awesome! 
Friday: Good Neighbor Night, Urban Cafe ... how fun!  Aaron and I stayed up late talking about all the electricity produced. Then Saturday we found out we were not the only ones! :):) God is so good and He knows how to start a fire. We look forward to how the evening will impact Urban Ministry and Brookside Community Church.
Saturday: We had an open house at Brookside ... while no new faces came by the life group that had a work day did some amazing work for the building. I was also able to clean up and prepare a special "class room" I have come on board with the Children's Ministry Team, I am heading up the 5th and 6th graders ... 10-12 year olds. Saturday night at Northview Aaron participated in the Baptism service - he has developed a very special relationship with a family and they requested him to baptise the family. It was a very special evening for Aaron and I both. 
Sunday: When I woke up on Sunday I absolutely thought it was Monday! Eventually I figured it out and we headed to Brookside at 7:30. Aaron was preaching and the Children's Ministry was taking a BIG leap. The children are now divided into 4 class rooms, and it was simply amazing! It was a little scary to make this jump, but it went beautifully! Previously, due to he number of adults working with the kids (I have been very hesitant to step in) k - 6th grade have been in one room. Praises for those that have been managing them! So Sunday was a big leap, and it was GREAT! We have rooms in the building for the 4 divisions and JR and SR high students. I really enjoyed the 3 students I met with. I will be adding to my group - there are a number of students that have been retained in school but are 12 - so we will move those kiddos around so they can continue to grow in a relationship with Christ. I could not (and still can not) stop talking about our time together. I look forward to coming along side these "TWEENS" as they transition from being "children" to "teens" this is a pivotal time in their life - and I so look forward to being with them.  :):) God is Good, he knew when the right time would be for me to get involved. 
Monday: Is our sabbath - it is great to have a day that Aaron un plugs, and I get to do that with him too!

Ahead this week, final preparations for the Beth Moore DVD retreat at Brookside. I am truly blessed with hardworking determined women!  I am so thankful I have learned to ask for help:)  (Still a bit reluctantly - but wow the pay off when it happens!)

I continue to read Jeremiah, today in my journal I wrote 3 promises ...
 "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17
"Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: 'I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?' " Jeremiah 32:26-27
"Call on me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3

My Prayer: 
Lord I pray for clarity and knowledge. I ask for ears to hear you and pray to be a good listener. Thank you Lord for knowing my heart before I do. Continue to create in me a clean heart that is pleasing to you. Assist me to be willing to follow your and all your glory. Thank you Father, that nothing is too hard for you. Thank you for filling my life with so many that can come along side me an help. You are awesome Lord - in your son's precious name Jesus. AMEN

GRACE AND PEACE! 

No comments: