Friday, June 26, 2009

From the Belly of a Fish

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.
But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
Salvation comes from the Lord."
Jonah 2:8
(then the Lord commanded the fish and it vomited Jonah onto dry land)

I read this passage this morning .... I have created idols.
Last week I drafted an email. In regards to my teaching position. I spent hours talking with God and Aaron about why I would or would not return. Boiled down, the reason to return, the money and security.
Money became an idol.
Security became an idol.
Before you laugh thinking about a teachers salary - it is reliable, consistent, and actually better then you might think. Granted, I was also coaching or working in some extra-curricular area. Never in 12 years did I simply "just teach". But I never started a school year for the money or the security, I loved working at the school, building relationships and creating all day. The feeling of only going back because of money and security is a new to me. By clinging to these idols I was FORFEITING grace from God to have the ability to take full action in my life.

Therefore, I have laid it all on the alter of the Lord. He has complete control over my life. He has brought so many opportunities to me over the past 5 months that I would not have imagined a year ago.

I am a slow learner - God likes to shake things up. I was getting very comfortable in my routine. For me, it is time to move to the next chapter of this unfolding tale. I have continued to work close with Aaron in ministry, that continues to unfold. I have set up my studio and am busy working on multiple jewelry orders. I am about to go pubic with my Etsy site, just working on quality pictures.

I have vowed to work for the Lord, following his will for me - getting out of the way of myself and trusting HIM. Please continue to pray for Aaron and I as we continue to take steps of obedience in the Lord.

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Heather said...

yeah Etsy - I love it there! Good luck with all the changes - Heather