Monday, June 8, 2009

All Smiles

The retreat Saturday was awesome! What a great day - I am thankful for all the hard work put in prior to the event - but it paid dividends with the out pouring trough the day. So awesome to see the Holy Spirit move through a room of women. Barriers of Trust not easily broken crumbling down. I found my self wanting to step back and absorb all around me.  When it was time to transition to a new portion of the day I was constantly breaking up conversations ... it was not a quite place! Praise God! :) 
The ladies that attended the retreat were STILL smiling and glowing when they came to church on Sunday. Although we were worn out - huge smiles, great stories and many many hugs! I am so honored that I have been blessed to serve along side these ladies.

So next on my docket .... KidsGames. This program will start Sunday June 14 and end on Thursday June 18. I am working on the curriculum, specifically the "crafts". Which is proving to be somewhat challenging ... I am used to High School students ... these kiddos will be 4 - 12! A but different. But I think the Lord has helped me tremendously create activities that can be worthwhile across the spectrum.

This morning I loved what I read from Joel
 Choose Obedience

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Give heed to Him, listen to and obey His voice..."
(Exodus 23:21, AMP)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Did you know that when God spoke to Noah about building the ark, it had never even rained before? Can you imagine that? Noah knew people were going to make fun of him or call him crazy. I’m sure he had every opportunity to talk himself out of it. He could have come up with plenty of excuses. But Noah didn’t do that. He recognized that God had asked him to do a difficult thing, and he chose obedience. Noah didn’t run from the challenge; he chose to believe God. Noah’s obedience is what opened the door for God to supernaturally empower him to fulfill his destiny. Now he is one of the great heroes of faith.

If you will decide to do the difficult things God is telling you to do—even when it looks impossible—if you’ll choose to be obedient, then God will do more than you could ask or think. He’ll take you places that you’ve never dreamed of. He’ll bring up out of you gifts and talents that you never even knew you had. He’ll empower you to fulfill your destiny, and who knows, you may become the next hero of faith.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for calling and equipping me. I choose to be obedient to Your Word and follow Your voice. I give You first place in every area of my life and trust that You are empowering me to do Your will. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Just a reminder, to continue to be obedient to the Lord. What a freedom I have been blessed with, knowing that He goes before me and comes behind - when I am obedient! 

GRACE AND PEACE! 

No comments: