Monday, March 16, 2009

some scripture

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out and who can turn it back? Isaiah 14:27

Again, I face the day with a searching heart. I  have to confess I want it all figured out - I daily must submit myself to the unfolding of the Lords plan for me. There are a number of folds in this plan -  I actually picture  a patch work quilt. Something that all the pieces alone are confusing and make no sense. Only when they are sewn together do these pieces begin to make sense and create something whole. What I need to submit to, my quilt is not complete and that is hard. 

But like David, in the Psalm ... the Lord will fulfill his purpose - and he will not abandon me. (or you!) The plans the Lord has for me are good - I am working to be willing to hear his call and direction. I pray to have a willing heart to follow and walk faithfully in the manner he desires. 
Then looking at Isaiah - the promise that the Lord has already set about completing this plan ... NO ONE can throw him off.  
prayer: Lord, help me to be strong and obey you regardless of how much I may be enticed to do otherwise. I look on with expecting and joyful eyes at the beautiful quilt you are creating with my life. As your word declares, no eye has seen, no ear has heard, all that YOU can do. AMEN.

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Little Miss Lexie Designs said...

i love your new picture on the side..braeden talked about mr shelby today!! HA