Monday, March 23, 2009

outstretched

So yesterday was a day that I was upset, angry and questioning. I know there are no answers that my simple mind can even begin to comprehend the grandness that God has planned - and that is the reason for my feelings. Therefore when I read Joel this morning, it reminded me that the Lord has a plan - who am I to try and change that plan. It is the same scripture I looked at one week ago - amazing how in one week I can forget something so profound. 

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

 “For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who can annul it? And His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back”
 (Isaiah 14:27, AMP).


TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

As believers, you and I have an advantage. We don’t have to go through life just depending on our own talent, our own ability, our own strength. The Scripture talks about how God’s hand is outstretched toward His people. That means there is a supernatural power behind every believer. God’s outstretched hand will help you accomplish dreams that you thought were impossible. His outstretched hand will cause you to get well even when the medical report says there is no way. The outstretched hand of God will help us to prosper even when the economy is down.

Let this sink down into your heart today. All through the day, imagine God’s hand outstretched toward you. It is a hand of healing, a hand of favor, a hand of restoration. No matter what you may be facing, you have to realize there is a force for you that is greater than any force that will ever be against you. You’re attitude should be, “I am not settling where I am. I know I have an advantage. As a child of the Most High, I know God’s hand is outstretched toward me.”


A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your outstretched hand of protection and provision for me. I choose to lay aside every fear and every concern knowing that You will make a way for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen



From my journal: 

Lord,I pray that you will help to subside these feelings. Fill me with love, strength and your glory. Continue to lift the veil covering my eyes that I may begin to recognize how you will use me in the Kingdom in a powerful way. Father, do not let me become paralyzed by fear or anger. Allow those feeling to run their course then move on. Strengthen me in faith and trust that you DO answer prayers all according to your will and perfect timing. I am ever thankful that you make all things new. Spring is coming - How I look forward to what this new growth will bring. How glorious is YOUR SON. I thank you for holding me close. I thank you for not turning away from me, but drawing near. I turn to you Lord, I pray to be obedient and strong in you. My soul is anchored in You. Praise be to you Lord, in the name of your precious son, Jesus. AMEN.


GRACE AND PEACE!



No comments: