Wednesday, March 18, 2009

big days

The past two days have been big - relating to volleyball. 
1: last night I had dinner with the 2009 seniors, the three returning varsity letter winners that are currently juniors - but for my purposes are seniors:) Aaron and I spent a few hours catching up with them and talking about the upcoming season ... their likes/dislikes, hopes and dreams. As Aaron noted, there is a strong level of trust. They did not hold back with their hopes for the season and were not afraid of me saying no or yes. It was good. I miss them, and I am so very thankful for the relationships that have developed over the last three years. I can remember each of them as freshmen  ... now they can all drive! I started having this special dinner 2 years ago with my first seniors that had been freshmen my first year - I really love this tradition. And that Aaron is a part of it:) 
2: My friend and former assistant coach had her little girl yesterday! This is a child of blessing. She thought there was NO chance she would ever have children. I am so excited for her ... I plan to visit Thursday or Friday - I can not wait to meet her:)
3: I had my first outside my school speaking engagement! I was asked by a local perish to speak at their end of season volleyball banquet. While it is very unlikely any of the players will go to NC, it is still exciting to see so many girls that enjoy playing volleyball! I was nervous about what I would talk about - and the Holy Spirit took over. I had been asked to talk about how volleyball/sport has impacted my life - what high school volleyball coached look for in players ... the door was very open. Last week I wrote down some thoughts and Ideas ... but today as I was driving the inspiration hit me - Volleyball is my Vehicle! So I shared how volleyball had taken me into different areas of my life - it surprised me that I had a story to share. And I felt good about it. The tables of girls and parents were great - they maintained excellent eye contact and the head nods were encouraging ... along with the thank you's at the end. So although the players are not likely to attend North Central - I hope they continue to play the sport, and say hi from across the net:) 

The last two days have been super full - and such a blessing to me. As I have been looking for some fire and passion in areas of my life, God showed up and brought to my mind all that the sport of volleyball has done  - and even how He has always been there, of course just part of His plan. What an amazing ministry volleyball has become. I pray that I can be intentional with showing the Love of Jesus Christ in my interactions because of volleyball. 

finally this morning from God Calling: 
Listen, listen, I am your Lord. Before me there is none other. Just trust ME in everything. Help is here all the time. The difficult way is nearly over, but you have learnt in it lessons you could learn in no other way. "The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." Wrest from ME, by firm and simple trust and persistent prayer, the treasures of My Kingdom. Such wonderful things are coming to you, Joy - Peace - Assurance - Secure - Health - Happiness - Laughter. Claim big, really big, things now. Remember, nothing is too big. Satisfy the longing of My Heart to give. Blessing, abundant blessing, on you both now and always. Peace. 

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: