Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rejoice

Today is Jeremy's 2 month birthday. I smile when I think of him today - such a great pregnancy, wonderful delivery, and a beautiful sweet precious face. When I opened Joel today, I was very pleased to see the start of the verse my Nephews read during Jeremy's service - and I am reminded to REJOICE IN THE LORD - ALWAYS! :)

Rejoice in the Lord
Today's Scripture

“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4, NKJ)
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
When was the last time you had so much joy that you couldn’t contain yourself? Maybe your favorite football team won the big game. Or maybe you received some unexpected, good news. There are many reasons to rejoice in this life, but the scripture tells us to rejoice in the Lord.To rejoice simply means to express great joy. There are many ways to express your joy in the Lord. You can sing, shout, clap, and one biblical definition is to literally spin around! Notice these are all action words. That means we can choose to take action no matter what our emotions are telling us. We can choose to rejoice in the Lord no matter what’s going on around us. And keep in mind, when you make the choice to rejoice even when you don’t feel like it, you are giving God a sacrifice of praise. That’s something that pleases the Lord. That’s something that opens the door for Him to move on your behalf. When you take a step of faith and choose to rejoice, before long, your feelings will get in line. You’ll feel His joy bubbling out of you like rivers of living water, refreshing you and giving you strength to live in victory in every area of your life.
A Prayer for Today
Father in Heaven, I choose to rejoice in You. I set my mind, heart, and emotions on You today knowing that You are faithful! I will sing of Your mercies and goodness all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Two Kids and a Mommy said...

this helped me a lot today, thank you