Monday, April 20, 2009

recap

Wonderful weekend - God is so good, the retreat this weekend was wonderful. There were about 60 women representing 5 different churches. Times for fellowship, teaching, healing and worship. It was exhausting and rejuvenating at the same time.
Suffering - we will all suffer. Suffering is suffering is suffering. The cause of the suffering is not really the important part - how you deal with it is. Most beneficial to me, was realizing (yet again) that none of us are alone.  
One woman's story hit particularly close to my heart. We are the same age, at 19 she was diagnosed with MS. This is a debilitating disease that effects the nervous system and the body begins to shut down from the inside out. There is no cure and very little known about who gets it and how certain people get it.  She is now a 35, in the past year she has been confined to a wheel chair as her balance is off and the use of her legs have been diminished. When she shared - never once did she cry out "why me", she only spoke of God and her Love for Jesus - that relationship was the core of her being. Always has been. She was truly amazing, I instantly was drawn to her. My Grandfather, my fathers Dad, had MS - this woman had a similar sense of humor as my Grandfather and I truly enjoyed talking with her - like talking with my Grandfather.  What a blessing. I will continue to pray for Shelly - and I do hope to see her again - I am sure our paths have crossed for a reason ... looking on expectantly to the plan for this one! 

He Anoints Your Head with Oil

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE “…You anoint my head with oil" (Psalm 23:5, NKJ)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, putting oil on it makes it become more fluid. That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When he does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go." His anointing makes things easier. People will go out of their way to be good to you for no reason. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom, and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it. Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor in my life today. Thank you for causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Anoint my head with Your oil so that I move forward in the path You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

As I look back now, and consider how we can determine how we deal with the suffering in our lives I was encouraged by the word shared today by Joel - we are anointed and he has caused us to flow in to specific places in life. I am pleased to know that all relationships will be used by Him for the Kingdom. I continue to walk in a faithful trust that the Lord has a good and perfect plan ... and I need to continue to move forward in this journey. What an awesome journey it is. Praise God!

GRACE AND PEACE!


No comments: