Friday, April 17, 2009

Peace and Joy

Yesterday was a hard day for me - no real clarity on why, it just was. This morning I found much reassurance in my time with the Lord ....

From God Calling: (it was a long one, I pulled out parts)
Resignation to My Will keeps Me barred out from more hearts than does unbelief. Can anything be such a crime against Love as being resigned? My Will should be welcomed with a glad wonder if I am to do My Work in the heart and life. 
But the constant experience of Me, the constant persistent recognition of My Work in daily happenings, the numberless instances in which seeming chance or wonderful coincidence can be, must be, traced back to My loving forethought - all these gradually engender a feeling of wonder, certainty, gratitude, followed in time by Joy.
Joy is of two kinds. The Joy born of Love and Wonder, and the Joy born of Love and Knowledge, and between the experience of the two Joys lie discipline, disappointment, almost disillusion.
But combat in My Strength, persevere in obeying my Will, accept My discipline, and the second Joy will follow. 
And of this second Joy it was that I said, "Your joy no man taketh from you." 
Do not regret the first, the second is the greater gift.

I am between the two joys.
I long to move through this between stage to Love and Knowledge.
With His perfect Strength and Love - I will! 

From Stormie: Finding Peace in the Midst of Suffering (just part)
"And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?" Job 26:14
God's power and ways are immeasurable, far beyond our comprehension. We do not understand His ways that allow us to suffer. And we do not understand His power to redeem and restore us.
How much more should we praise God when we know for certain that God loves us, has a purpose, and is working out His plan throughout every experience.
So even in the midst of turmoil and grief, praise God for the path He has chosen for you and for His refining power and love. When the heat is on, allow the Refiner to purify your soul.  

Reading Job 26, the entire section very powerful.  Reminding me how big God is. How He really does control it all. I pray that I continue to walk in faithful trust on the path He has chosen for me. 

This afternoon I am heading to a Ladies Retreat, with some women from Brookside/Northview. I was looking over what to bring and I was reminded of the title:
Joy Cometh ... When Gods Will Doesn't Feel So Good

The retreat is 24 hours, check in at 5pm, depart Saturday at 5pm. Please keep me and all the women in your prayers ... I am looking on expectantly to hearing the voice of God.

GRACE AND PEACE!

 

No comments: