Saturday, April 25, 2009

For Sam

Today is my nephew Sam's first communion, along with all catholic 2nd graders in the area (maybe nation). He is also my GodSon, so me being the bead junkie I made him a rosary. It was quite interesting for me to learn about the construction of the piece and what the parts mean - I gained understanding for the purpose. This is a pretty big day for him ... 

Aaron and I also got him a special Bible ... "The Boys Bible: The Ultimate Manual" 
It is a pretty cool Bible, there are places to draw, write, go deeper and it even points out the gross and gory stuff in the Bible - what boy would not like that! The Bible helps boys learn to be more like Jesus mentally, physically, spiritually and socially ... all based on: Luke 2:52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
I think his whole family will enjoy this one:)

What an enjoyable few days - the sun is out the weather is above normal (high 70's and 80's) and I am so pleased we still have the jeep - love that wind, jamming the praise music.

Lots of things going on ... please pray for clarity and guidance. 
GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

The rosary is beautiful...you may find some requests in the future. ;)