Monday, September 29, 2008

Why am I so peaceful ... most of the time

There are number of people who know the journey Aaron and I are on, some read the blog others do not. What ever the case we are constantly asked "How are you doing?" Often we both reply, "okay", we are both very peaceful. Most of the time. Sometimes we have a hard moment, hour or day, and I thank God they are usually different times. (that is grace .. or mercy)
I am very pleased to know that we have so many followers praying for Jeremy, Aaron and I that are truly concerned and want to help - but sometimes I get the feeling we should be falling apart all the time. But we are not falling apart - we are so deeply rooted in the Lord, that is just about impossible. Our knowledge of the covering of prayers adds to our peace and comfort.
When I read the word from Joel Osteen this morning, it explained it so well. Regardless of the final outcome in ANY situation we already have victory ...

VICTORY THROUGH HIM
Today's Scripture
“Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37 AMP).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
No matter what challenges you may be facing today—at work, home, in your health or in your relationships, God promises that even in the middle of “all these things”, you can have victory. How? Victory starts in your heart and mind. Victory starts with peace that passes understanding. That means that you can have peace when it doesn’t make sense to have peace. When the rest of the world is full of anxiety and worry, you can live in peace.
Victory “amid all these things” also means that you can have joy deep down in your soul. You can have so much joy that you can’t even explain why you have it! It’s supernatural. It’s joy unspeakable and full of His glory and power. When you begin to dwell on God’s promise of victory, something will change on the inside of you.
You may have felt like you were losing ground five minutes ago, but right now you can take hold of the victory He’s promised. Open your heart to Him and receive the joy and peace He longs to give you. Remember, the joy of the Lord is your strength, and as you embrace His joy, you’ll be empowered to rise above your challenges so you can move forward into the victory He has for you!
A Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of victory! Thank You for Your peace during the storms of life. Fill me with Your joy and strength as I put my trust in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


Although I have moments of pain and grief - I always return to a very peaceful place. Often after the 'bouts of sadness and pain I feel the closeness of God with me, I just know in my "knower" - that God has a perfect plan and he will use all things for His greater good. Even if the situation seems grim ...

GRACE AND PEACE!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

So glad you are finding peace and grace in God and in Aaron! You are amazing and don't forget it. Love and dimes!

Alicia Burdick said...

I ditto, sheri's sentiments...you lift me up in so many ways. Your blog is inspiring!