Monday, September 8, 2008

Prescriptions

Yesterday at church while Aaron was preaching, Sharon, one of the ladies that attends Brookside asked me if I could write down the prescriptions. I was confused - thinking she wanted me to write something for her. And thought it was strange timing, during the sermon to ask me to write a prescription for her. She went on to say, while pointing at my notes from the sermon - you know the Prescriptions, my writing is not good and I do not want to miss any. Finally understanding, I said Oh the Scripture - she replies, yes the prescriptions.

Not until I was sharing the story with my mom, did it dawn on me - Sharon has it correct - the Bible contains all the prescriptions we need.

my weekend prescription:
Therefore I tell you whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

Throughout Mark, Jesus is provided opportunity after opportunity to show the greatness of God. How loving, kind and generous God is to those who believe. Jesus spends most of the chapter teaching his disciples ... we are all his disciples. Jesus teaches his disciples what it "takes" to heal people - POWERFUL!
I am anxious to re-visit Mark, to see what I have completely missed. But I am thankful for the prescriptions that I have acquired so far ...

GRACE AND PEACE

No comments: