Wednesday, February 3, 2010

still stompin'!

So excited by God! I am still stompin' and carrying on - wheew.

Next week, some of the girls in my Life Group are going to start the Beth Moore study of her new book, So Long Insecurity ... this is going to be all done through her blog!
We will get weekly assignments and have conversations through the blog. If you are interested her is her link: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/
It will be an 8 week study ... and I am looking forward to it! I am also so encouraged that the girls are going to join me:)

I continue on my daily reading to read through the bible this year. The Bible I am using moves in chronological order, so as the event take place regardless of the book in the bible. So I have moved from Exodus to Leviticus and will return to Exodus.
Well, the tabernacle is built and Aaron along with his 4 sons have now been consecrated to perform the offerings. Again we have DETAILS! What surprises me the most is when 2 of Aaron's sons are consumed by fire, because they presented unholy fire .... They did not follow the detailed directions, disobedience. I enjoy these examples of how God deals with disobedient people - quite powerful ... like in Acts with the couple that lies about their offering.

My big take away today:
The direction given to Aaron was this: "You much distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and clean and you must teach the Israelites all the decrees the Lord has given them through Moses." Leviticus 10:11
One of the core principles for our Youth MInistry at Brookside Community Church is to create a Biblical World View ... it is the same command given here. We need to break free from our Worldly View and transform our minds and lives to reflect a Biblical world view .... big task, but doable. With HIS help.

I am still excited about the upcoming year and decade!!! Yesterdays word from Joel was powerful for me - today continues to build it!
Good Things in Store
Today's Scripture: "... time and chance happen to them all" Ecclesiastes 9:11, NIV
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
When GOd laid out the plans for our lives, He lined up the right people, the right breaks, and the right opportunities that we needed to fulfill our destiny. THe scripture talks about how time and chance will come together for every person. In other words, there are moments of favor that GOd has already released into your future. If you'll let that sink down into your heart today, it will change your whole outlook in your future.
So many people miss out on the good things because they allow fear to distract them and hold them back. They say, " What if I fail?" "What if they don't like me?" "What if I make a mistake?" to that I say' "What if you succeed?" "What if they like you?" "What if you do it better than anyone else?"
That's expecting God's goodness and favor. And when you go out each day with an attitude of faith and expectancy, you'll see those good things HE has in store. You'll walk into divine moments of favor, moments of blessing, moments of increase; and you'll be fully equipped to live the life of victory!
A Prayer for Today
Father God, thank You for the good things You have in store for my future. Thank You for YOUR peace and joy that surrounds my every step. I choose today to keep my heart focused on the good things Your have in store for my future. In Jesus' Name. AMEN


Thank you Father for providing the model to follow ... help me to stay on the path you have laid for me. PRAISE GOD!

GRACE AND PEACE!








No comments: