Thursday, February 18, 2010

Focus

had to share joel, spoke to me while preparing to attend a former teacher, co-worker and friends funeral today.

Change Your Focus
today's scripture: "set your mind on things above, not on earthly things" 1 Thessalonians 4:12
today's word form Joel and Victoria: When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ's representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.
Notice this verse doesn't say, "go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will respect you." It doesn't say, "win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven." NO, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means always taking the high road and living a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding the common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means going out with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.
Remember, you will become like whoever you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you'll develop HIS character. You'll win the resect of outsiders and bring glory to your Father in heaven!
prayer for today: Father God, I dedicate every area of my mind, will, and emotions to you today. Help me live my daily life as an example of You. Show me anything in my life that is displeasing to You. Let my daily life win the respect of others and let everything I do bring glory to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

preparing to attend a funeral, provides an opportunity for those of us still on earth to consider our lives; past-present-future. A time to reflect on FOCUS ... I pray to use this time today to focus in a manner that will bring glory to The Father.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: