Thursday, February 25, 2010

So Long Insecurity ...

I am doing a Beth Moore book study ... through her blog.
LOVING IT!
The book, So Long Insecurity, you've been a bad friend to us.
It is an 8 week study, and very enjoyable to get the questions each week, read two chapters and then post with in the week - it is great to read through other posts and see how women all around deal with the similar issues.
Quite honestly, I always have felt that I was a pretty secure person, but upon further examination ... I have some insecure tendencies.
I wanted to share her challenge;
"To let the healthy, utterly whole, and completely secure part of us increasingly overtake our earthen vessels until it drives our every emotion, reaction, and relationship. When we allow God's truth to eclipse every false positive and let our eyes spring open to the treasure we have, there in HIS glorious reflection we'll also see the treasure we are.
And the beauty of the Lord our God will be upon us. (Psalm 90:17, NKJV)"

A False Positive ... the one thing that would make you more secure in ALL THINGS.

Next week we will work on rooting them out.

The timing of this book could not be more perfect, I am questioning my self as I lead the Youth Ministry, I know that there is an amazing person that is on his/her way to lead the Youth of Brookside Community Church. But in the meantime, I am in a position that I am quite insecure ... Pleased to be a child of God and KNOW that I am not alone. That the Lord will provide me the wisdom, clarity, and patience necessary! I have printed out the challenge ... a reminder.

GRACE AND PEACE!


No comments: