Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ability to Bounce

This morning when Aaron and I prayed before he left for the day ... he thanked God for giving us the ability to bounce back.

That statement struck me particularly strong today. I faced a set back yesterday, that I suppose I have faced every month for the last 5. (SORRY GUYS) The monthly visitor, this month it was 5 days late ... I was getting excited. I shared my disappointment with Aaron yesterday, I was not very focused and it was all I could think about - today is better. It just is what it is ... But as Aaron prayed this morning, he was right - God has given us the ability to bounce. We move along and plan for things to go a specific way, then there is a curve, a road block, something in our way and we have to make adjustments. And continue in our Faith journey. It reminds me of the 90's song "I get knocked down, but I get up again" ... I will continue to get up again.

Sorry if this is TMI ... just being honest.
When I read Joel this morning it totally fit ...
Not just for a family, but with all the current projects I have going ....

You Are Closer Than You Think

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

";…He said to the paralytic, ‘I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.’ Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, ‘We never saw anything like this!’"
(Mark 2:10b-12, NKJ

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In Mark chapter two, the Bible talks about a man who was paralyzed. He heard that Jesus was in town teaching at another house and knew that He could heal him. The paralyzed man convinced four of his friends to carry him on his bed over to where Jesus was. When they arrived, the house was so packed that they couldn’t get in. Do you know what happened next? Instead of just giving up and going home, the man was so determined to get his miracle that he convinced his friends to climb up on the roof, cut a hole in it, and lower him down to where Jesus was!

Now this man understood that you are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition. A lot of people would have just given up. They would have seen the crowd and gone home—even though they were just a few feet away from their miracle. Don’t let that be you! What are you believing for? Don’t give up just because there is opposition. Don’t let others discourage you from seeing your miracle. Keep pressing through today because you are closer than you think to the victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

"Heavenly Father, today I release all of my cares and anxieties on You. I trust that my breakthrough is coming. I choose to press in and stand strong. I believe Your Word, and I believe that You will reward me as I diligently seek after You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Your disappointment when your visitor arrived reminds me of when I was trying to get pregnant after my miscarriage. If you are interested, our church is having an "annointing of the sick" as part of our services this weekend. It is for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. I've participated in the past and it is too lengthy to describe it,but I was amazed. Let me know and hang in there. Love and dimes.