Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wheew - Thursday already!

Where has this week gone! Many projects going on, that will be culminating soon.

1: Good Neighbor Night, at Northview Christian Life Church. Friday May 29, the focus will be Urban Ministry. This will be a major turning point in our ministry ... knowing how God is going to capture hearts. There have been a number of people working hard behind the scenes - I am looking forward to the event! FYI: 6:30 - 8:30 pm in the Main Lobby at Northview. All are welcome.
2: Loving Well Women's Retreat, at Brookside Community Church Saturday June 6. The leadership teams are discussing the videos and the decoration team is busy creating. I am so blessed with awesome women who have stepped into roles to assist in this inaugural event. If you want to attend shoot me an email and I will get you more info: bethshelby@gmail.com
3: KidsGames, at Brookside Community Church June 14 - 18 .... planning the curriculum and partnering with ConnectionPointe Church in Brownsburg. 

All are awesome and while they have each been challenging on different levels eye opening in how the Lord has equipped me to do all the tasks. My years teaching, coaching and working with Student and Class Councils - WOW! 

Yesterday was a fun filled day. I started the day with my Mothers "Strider's" group. This is a group of women that do a bible study then go on walks. Yesterday I helped them make prayer bracelets - it was a great time. Many of the women I have known for some time - my parents still attend the church where I grew up. It was wonderful to listen to their plans for the bracelets ... and create VERY cool art. 
From there, I met with my sister and her 3 little ones and headed to my friends house for a Discovery Toy party ... all the kiddos were 3 and under - my friend created the perfect kid friendly foods - they all had a great time. It was nice to hang out with the moms - and the toys kept them all VERY entertained. 
The day finished with the retreat leadership team viewing the first 2 lessons from Beth Moore - she is GOOD. It was an excellent way to cap off the day. 

My reading from yesterday ... (I just started Jeremiah, last year I was in this book when Aaron and I had our first ultra sound, receiving Jeremy's prognosis ... different eyes reading this time)

This is what the Lord says: stand at the crossroads and look; as for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16
prayer: Lord, show me the path you have for me so that I may walk in it and find rest for my soul.

Lord,  thank you that you direct me on your path. Create in me a heart that is willing to be filled with your love and desire. Thank you that when I grow weary you lift me up and I am never alone. Thank you that you have sent your Holy Spirit to be with me always. Thank you that you go before and come behind me with a hedge of protection that is greater then anything I might face. My strength is all from you - you are my anchor Lord. Continue to pour into me Lord, so that I can pour into others.  In your Son's Holy and precious name Jesus. AMEN.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: