Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Of Course ...

An excerpt from an email from My Special Nurse:
Thought of you a lot over the weekend and wanted to say hello…this is a really profound time frame within the first year, the 3-4 month mark up to about 6 months is brutal, that’s what other families would want me to say.  If you feel like it’s all unraveling and you’re not doing “as well” as you once were, that’s to be expected

This morning I was writing for a very long time in my Journal. Aaron was waiting on me, He said "lots to write today". I shared with him the note from our Special Nurse - for the past 2 weeks I have been in a funk. But not until this note was I able to figure out that it is part of my grieving process - so yes, I had a lot to write about. Aaron also said that for the past few weeks he has been thinking about Jeremy often and found himself agitated and short. But neither one of us brought it up ... For me I do not bring Jeremy up often because I do not want to burden others or make Aaron (or anyone listening) think he is ALL I ever think and talk about. So I have been guarding my tongue and trying to suppress feelings that I thought I was over.
I am having a hard time realizing that I am still on this journey, the race will not be over until I enter into His glorious presence. What a day that will be ... I am so thankful for Aaron and all the prayer warriors. 
I am thankful that we can choose how we trek on this journey ... I long to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant"


From Joel today:

Choose to Rejoice

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Rejoice in the Lord, you [consistently] righteous (upright and in right standing with God), and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness"
(Psalm 97:12, AMP).

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

All through the scripture we are told to rejoice in the Lord always. It’s interesting that the word “rejoice” doesn’t just mean to be vocal and to give God praise with our words. Rejoice also means “to brighten up,” “to spin around,” and “to leap for joy.” In other words, you rejoice with your actions. You rejoice with your countenance. Do you realize you can rejoice by simply putting a smile on your face?When times are tough, when things aren’t going as planned, many people have a long, sour face. They’re down, discouraged, worried, and upset. But when you choose to rejoice, you smile and have a pleasant demeanor no matter what. And it’s not because you necessarily feel like it or because everything is perfect. You just simply smile by faith. You smile knowing that your expression is saying to God, “I trust You. I know you are working all things out for my good.”
Make the decision today and every day to rejoice in the Lord! Put a smile on your face and let the whole world know your hope is in the Lord.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I choose to rejoice in You. I know that Your goodness goes way beyond my difficulty. I know that even when I don’t see a way, You are making a way for me. Fill me with Your supernatural peace and joy as I surrender every area of my life to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

anytime you want to talk....I'm here