Friday, November 7, 2008

james

powerful reading this morning.
We solidified a time that we are going to meet with our special nurse, Monday at 10:30 - so please special prayers for the day.

Which makes this reading even more appropriate for me ....

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything. James 1:2-4

pray: Lord, I know you work great things in the midst of trial. I do not pray that we have trials; rather, I pray that we will get through each battle as the winner. In our current trial; I pray that you would help us to keep our eyes focused on you. That you would continue to hold us in your palm providing wisdom, discernment and joy.

after my first reading, I continued to read in James ....
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised those that love him. James 1:12

that sounds like a pretty great promise to me, and I am loking forward to it:)

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: