Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saugatuck, Michigan ... loved it!

Aaron and I took off for a two night stay - a 3 and 1/2 hour drive north found a great B&B, a wonderful beach and terrific weather. Our place was on the Kalamazoo River in "downtown" Saugatuck. This is a one stop light town, with a number of local artist studios, shops and food. My favorite, a bead store. They sold strings of natural stones( at a reasonable price) and had one of a kind beaded jewelry. Aaron enjoyed looking at the pieces, the prices and comparing them to mine. I found some cool beads that I will use in new work - once I get my area set back up.

Below are images from out balcony of the Bentley Waterfront Suite








View to the left, Singapore Yacht Club is around the bend... BIG BOATS.









view to the right ... that is an indoor mall, holds about 10 shops and a restaurant.












View straight ahead, you could rent these "boats" for a nominal charge.







The river was very calm the first 2 days, on our day of departure the water was rough as the town was preparing for a storm. We got out of town just in time:)

No comments: