Monday, May 31, 2010

a time for everything

my reading today landed me in Ecclesiastes 3

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear up and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. (1-8, NIV)

... He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to to the end.
I know that there is nothing better for them than to be glad and to get and do good as long as they live; And also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor -- it is the gift of God. I know that whatever God does, it endures forever; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it. And God does it so that men will [reverently] fear Him [revere and worship Him, knowing that HE is]. (11-14, amplified)

While I sit and wonder how long a foundation takes ... it takes as long as it takes. And my job is not to worry about how lonog - but to do my part . God has a plan. Gods time is not my time (that I am certain!) I continue to work finding peace with God as I discover, accept and appreciate God's perfect timing.
He works on me daily to leave behind my despair, rebellion and moving ahead without his advice. I am continually reminded "HIS time, not mine"

In verses 11-14, not only have I just been reminded that there is a time for all things ... but that God has a plan that I can not even BEGIN to grasp. My life, my time is just one small part of the plan - and I receive that gift.


Today, this morning I am going to work in the flower beds. I love having perennial flowers - each a transplant from friends and co-workers. Only a few actually purchased at the store ... but in addition to the perennial flowers I seem to have perennial weeds.

What a perfect visual that I need to continue to cultivate the soil in my heart and take account what is growing there. The physical activity of pruning and weeding will open my heart to the Lord - I pray that the Lord will be with me today and help me get rid of anything that is not of him that may have taken root in my heart.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: