Friday, May 28, 2010

His will ...

this week i have been working through a decison ... I am dealing with hearing from the Lord what HIS will and desire is for me... I am not certain if adding a new project to my list is part of His plan - or if it would just add more to my plate.

This new project is very desirable to me, and I really want to say yes ... but I am struggling with if saying yes is for the right reason.

Today ... this was the centering scripture of an email devotion I recieved:
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves" Phillippians 2:3

As I consider the reasons why I would say YES ... i am being convicted now that it is for selfish reasons, and while in the short term it would be a way for me to feel good about myself. But adding more to my plate at this time - would potentially be divisive to Urban Ministry, Brookside Church and most importantly my marriage. Even if just for a short season.

As I continue to work to stay the course that the Lord has for me, learing to say NO is one of them. Saying NO now, does not mean saying NO forever. Now just might have been the time to plant the seed, only to be cultivated at a later time.

Such peace comes when seeking the Lord for counsel, listening and following HIS will.
GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: