Thursday, May 20, 2010

baggage

this blog entry was started last THURSDAY 5.20

we all have baggage ... some big heavy bags, multiple bags, bags with wheels, or just dragging it along behind. However we choose to carry our baggage with us - one thing that is for sure it always comes with us. And the glory of it all, we have our Brothers and Sisters to help carry us and our bags.
We are told to cast our burdens on HIM.
I saw the face of Christ over and over last night, I saw us each carrying other peoples bags. They begin to get mixed up, they become each others - we are in community. no one bag seems too heavy - because they are shared.

Last night at Brookside Church was one of my most amazing nights. It was very difficult and at the same time redemptive. The Glory of God permeated the church through HIS servants last night. Love always wins!
Today, 5.24 I looked back at my journal entry for 5.19 (last wednesday)
Father you are so good and use all things for your good and perfect plan - thank you!
I desire, Lord, to look like Jesus --- when I interact, do people leave feeling like they "saw" Jesus in me? I have been looking for him in others, I tend to see him regularly all around - do others see him in me?
my daily reading took me to various Proverbs ...
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. 27:19
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. 21:3
The crucible for silver and furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives. 27:21
But he who trusts in the Lord will prosper. 28:25b
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and men. 3:3,4

As I reflect back to last wednesday night at the church ... he prepared me ... and gave me an opportunity to look like HIM. I will never really know if I did or not - which is fine. I am so thankful as I look back that I was given an opportunity.
I need to start keeping roll of prayer requests and desires ... so I can be witness to HIS hand in my life - over and over. HE is so darn good!!
I am so certiain LOVE WINS!
thank you JESUS for going to the cross, dying for me before I knew I even needed you, then for rising on the 3rd day, to be with me always.
PRAISE YOU LORD!

I am entering this week in glorious expectation of all HIS goodness ...

GRACE AND PEACE!



No comments: