Monday, May 3, 2010

here i am ...

it has been way to long since i have been able to sit down and actually write a post. here is a return effort! :)

Busy is not really the correct word, because I am certain the work I am doing now will make an impact for the Kingdom - and while i often feel overwhelmed and completely inadequate ... as in past times the Word of the Lord is my strength.

Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. Psalm 37:5

These are the things I commit to Him:
- Northview Urban Ministry Volunteer Orientation Planning
- KidsGames Planning
- Brookside Church Youth Ministry
- Leadership for the team
- teaching classes
- my 100's of questions on HOW to mobilize 800+ volunteers in Urban Environments
- Cara's Bridesmaid jewelry

Father, I commit these items to YOU - I trust that you have a plan and that you will help and equip me and others to perform your will. Lord, this is all for your Glory - please move me out of that way that your will be done. In Jesus' precious name AMEN!

Last week these 2 scriptures stood out to me ...
the first a reminder about the work I am doing
'Get on with your tasks with a ready spirit, as if you were serving the Master himself and not human beings' Ephesians 6:7
I found myself in multiple situations that I was not honoring God in my actions or words.
This verse has seared my heart - I am in the process of many "tasks" and often find myself focused on the TASK and not the people. I desire for me heart to focus on WHO I am serving (the MASTER) and not completing a task. This is the Lords desire for me ... this is big people - a complete shift.
being aware, eyes opened ... it cannot be ignored.
What now ... what are the next steps? Good question, first step - being aware, second, becoming intentional with my actions and words .... next steps repeat?
* I will continue to seek the Lord for direction*

The second scripture that came up in my daily reading ...
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
With this Psalm, I recognize that the Lord is the one that establishes the work, and then extends his favor on that work. This is a Psalm that came across my path 3 years ago when I started creating Jewelry and Beads By Beth ... I read it as the Lord blessing the work that my hands would be creating. I am reminded again - that HE is still pouring out his favor on the work that my hands create - because HE is the one that established the work ... and because HE has established the work, HE will provide the way to complete the work. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

So again, I commit all to HIM - all that HE established for me. I rest knowing that He promises to be with me ... it might be a tough route, but I rest knowing that the Lord is good and He will be with me. always.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: