Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A dose of reality

Yesterday afternoon I had a dose of reality, when I stopped by to visit Oak Lawn Memorial Gardens - last month Aaron and I finally made the arrangements for Jeremy's marker.
I had certainly put if off long enough, there was no urgency from Aaron either ... We placed the order at the beginning of April, but did not know when it would be ready or placed.


Following a meeting at Capstone yesterday, while on my way to Aldi's ... I had the overwhelming urge to go check on Jeremy. I have not been to cemetery much since the funeral ... and until yesterday have not had any inkling to go.



I was not at all expecting the rush of emotions that followed when I saw his name, his birthday, our scripture ... all in Bronze, mounted on granite, recently set in place.

The scripture at the bottom, is from Psalm, 127:3b ... Children are a gift from the Lord.

It is still hard for me wrap my head around the fact that Aaron and I have a baby, he lived with us for 71 minutes - seeing Jeremy's marker provided a dose of reality that I have not been willing to grasp. The reality of Jeremy, his birth and death hit me like I was not expecting. Everything seemed so real. There in stone and metal was my sons name, marking that he had lived with us, ever so briefly - but he had been here. Then I was flooded with the reality that he is with Jesus. Then peace. I thank the Lord that HE continues to offer Peace that surpasses all understanding.


Visiting Oak Lawn also provided perspective on the projects i am involved with. While I want to do an excellent job and create quality programs ... Serving the Lord trumps everything. Visiting Jeremy yesterday, helped me to also slow down. My mind let go of all the "stuff" running through regarding my various responsibilities ... what a blessing.


From Joel Today ...
What's Your Part?
Scripture: "But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? (Romans 10:14-15, NLT)
From Joel and Victoria: It's amazing how God can take so many people in the world and set up a plan for us to work together for His purposes to build the body of Christ. We all have a part. One scripture puts it this wast, some plant seeds, some water and some bring in the harvest. No matter what role we have, when we work together, we are honoring God. It pleases Him when we partner with one another to share the good news of the Gospel.
Today, know that you have an important part in the body of Christ. Whether you minister in the pulpit or on the street corner, or whether you sow seed so that others can go, you are important. Don't ever underestimate the part you play because together we are building His kingdom.
Prayer: Father God, I humbly come to You today. Thank You for giving me a part to play in building Your kingdom. I dedicate back to You the resources You have given me. Use me for Your glory. In Jesus' Name. AMEN.

I am only one part.


GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

A whirlwind of thoughts and emotions swirl around my head and heart seeing that marker and reading this post. I'll carry with me into eternity the way God has changed me through Jeremy, Aaron and you. Love, Mr. Blonde