Tuesday, March 9, 2010

weeds

I am loving the Beth Moore book, So Long Insecurity ... and doing the questions for each week ... and posting on the LPM blog along with hundreds of other women as we work through the roots of insecurity and then work to overcome insecurity.

Chapters 1-7 dealt with getting to the root.
In my limited experience as a gardener, if you do not get the whole root out when, the weed keeps on coming back. Also in my experience some times when you make the attempt to get to the root there are thorns and prickly things that discourage me from taking the time needed to get all the weed out. Because actually the garden looks okay on the surface if I just get the stem and leaves ... And I hate to admit it, if the weeds are green (which they usually are) I do not mind because they sorta blend with the flowers.
Much like my insecurities - if I cover them up, deal with just the surface, all looks well from the outside, or they blend ... Beth Moore is calling me out. It is time to let God deal dramatically with it.
Beth states: Insecurity is about losing our God-given dignity

In Chapter 8, when Beth begins to help us deal with it ... she uses this scripture to teach: She is clothed with strength and dignity Proverbs 31:25
My ears, eyes and heart perked up ... this is from Proverbs, commonly known as "The Virtuous woman or The Woman of Noble Character"
I have been reading this Proverb every day for the past month or more!
- direct to my heart Beth Moore!!
She then unpacked the scripture, you need to read the book to get the full picture.
We possess dignity because GOD Himself has it and HE created us in HIS image!!!

God wants us to get those weeds out, form the ROOT. To be clothed in strength and dignity, there is no room for the roots of weeds.

She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and Beth Moore says, BELIEVE IT SISTER!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: