Saturday, March 6, 2010

be generous

this has been a busy week. change that, a FULL week.

A highlight, my Grandma is in town for a 3 week visit ... she will be 94 this summer, traveled from Portland Oregon. I so enjoy her Great Grand Kids playing with her. She is concerned that she will scare them ... they just love her.

This has been a HUGE ministry week, starting with Pastor Poe sharing his vision for 2010 (and beyond) in the new auditorium at Northview Church. He shared his passion, to thousands of people, to help the suburbanites reach the inner city. (check out the podcast, www.northviewchurch.us) Northview's Urban Ministry has been in planning mode for 3 years, and we will be ready. There is a buzz all around the church, in each ministry area. PLEASE keep Aaron and I in your Prayers. Building partnerships for the Kingdom ... it is so exciting!

this week when i started to feel overwhelmed - the word from joel lifted me up ...
Be Generous
Scripture: "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed" Proverbs 11:25
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria: Do you need refreshing? So many people go around overwhelmed, tired, worn down, barely getting by. But that's not God's best. He wants us to prosper. He wants us to prosper. He wants us to be refreshed. Here's the key: be generous and refresh others. Is there someone at the office you can be a blessing to? Can you lighten someone's load? Maybe a family member is going through a hard time. Can you help them out? Can you cook them a meal? Refreshing someone can be as simple as a smile or an encouraging word. Don't wait until you feel like doing it, that day may never come! Do it because Scripture tells us to. Do it because it blesses the Lord.
Today, look for someone to be a blessing to. As you step out and refresh others, as you live a life of generosity, you will be refreshed and experience His blessing in your own life in return.
A Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, thank YOU for YOUR grace and mercy in my life. Thank You for blessing me so that I can be a blessing to others. TEach me to be generous. Show me how I can refresh others and bring glory to YOU. In Jesus' Name. AMEN.

Reading this, I begin to think about being generous with my time - time is not my own ... I need to be willing to use the time from sun up to sun down for HIS glory ... which thanks to the coming of spring is more and more time.

GRACE AND PEACE!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post! Sometimes I need the reminder to take the generosity that i feel and actually implement it for the glory of God!

--KURT