Monday, March 22, 2010

content

today is a rainy, spring monday.
I am learning again to be content.
content in whatever circumstance i find myself
... was i at all surprised when my in box had this devotion from Joel;

Content Whatever the Circumstances
scripture: "... I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" Philippians 4:11
From Joel and Victoria: It's easy in life to get so focused on our dreams, goals, and what we want that it consumes us. We can get to the point where we're not going to be happy until it happens. But I've found that if we have to have something in order to be happy, our lives are out of balance. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, when we lose our peace, and we're not enjoying life; that's a sure sign that we're holding on too tightly. What's the solution? You've got to release it. Freedom comes when you say, "God, I'm turning it all over to You. You know my desires, and You know what's best for me. I'm choosing to trust You and trust Your timing."
When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust in His timing, you can live in peace, you can live in joy, and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future.
prayer: Heavenly Father, today I choose to trust in You. I release frustration over the dreams and desires in my heart, knowing that You know what's best for me. I choose to trust in Your timing because You are faithful, and I will bless You in all things. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

A timely word for me ... on this rainy monday.

GRACE AND PEACE!

1 comment:

Alicia Burdick said...

thanks for sharing this, Beth. Perfect timing.