Friday, April 16, 2010

Stable Mind

this again is a good word from Joel ...
Scripture: " But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind" James 1:6 NIV
From Joel & Victoria: If there is one thing that can lead you down a road away from your potential and seeing the awesome plan God has for your life, it's your emotions. Emotions are God-given, but often times, people allow their circumstances to dictate their emotions and thoughts instead of the Word of God. When we allow our circumstances to dictate our emotions, when we get upset by what we see or hear, it opens the door for fear and doubt to come in. THe BIble says that when we allow doubt and fear in, we become unstable. We are tossed back and forth. But understand that the way you feel today has little to do with what God is actually doing in your life. He's working behind the scenes whether you realize it or not! Don't allow yourself to be tossed around by your emotions any longer. Instead, choose to be stable-minds. Focus your thoughts on the Word of God so you can confidently move forward into the good plan HE has designed for you!
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to meditate on Your Word knowing that it is the source of strength and faith. Help me to be stable-minded, and I set my focus on YOU. In Jesus' Name. AMEN.

When we get tossed we get tossed!
The devo reminds me that God has a plan - when things get stirred up in our world - HE has a plan. The spring has become very busy and sometimes hectic. I appreciate the reminder that my eyes, head and most of all my heart needs to be fixed on HIM. The Author and Perfecter ....

Right now, I realize that while things may not actually be in the order that I see fit ... they are in the order HE sees fit. THANK YOU JESUS, that your plan is so much better then mine.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: