Wednesday, January 27, 2010

more good stuff!

another good word from Joel ...

Trust God to Do it His Way

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria Every person has things they're believing for, situations they want to see changed, and dreams God has placed in their hearts. But sometimes, we try to figure out how it's all going to happen. If we're not careful, we'll put God in a box and try to tell Him how to do it, when to do it, and where to do it. Today's scripture tells us that God's ways are not our ways. They are higher and better than our ways.

If you don't get your way, if things don't happen on your timetable, instead of getting discouraged, why don't you believe that God has something better in store? Just because it doesn't happen your way doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Remember, God has a plan. He's got it all figured out. Don't limit Him by trying to get it done your way. Instead, simply say, "God, I'm trusting You. I know You have my best interest at heart. And even if I don't get my way, I'm going to stay open and believe that You're still directing my steps into the abundant life You have for me."

A PRAYER FOR TODAY Heavenly Father, I choose to trust You. I cast my cares on You. I give You my plans, dreams, and desires for the future. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your peace as I wait patiently to see Your plan unfold. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

What an awesome message, I struggle daily with casting my cares to HIM - I still think I am the girl with a plan ... hum. I learn this everyday, every morning, every second. More then happy to have the WORD to remind me:) It never gets old.

On a different note .... sorta.
My reading this morning, I was reminded that we are never called to do anything with out help. Two stories that I read this morning excellent demonstrations of just how God can use those around us to help each of us do HIS will ...
1: the Israelites left Egypt, crossed the Red Sea ... then Moses sent a crew to fight the Amalekites (Joshua lead the way) Moses stood on the hill, when his arms were raised the Israelites were winning, when his arms lowered they began to lose. The fighting went on ... Moses got tired - but Moses had help, Aaron and Hur would hold up his arms, they helped Moses stay in a position - with their help Moses was able to hold his arms high and the Israelites were victorious.
2: a few passages later Jethro Moses' Father-in-Law, along with his wife and 2 sons come to the Israelite camp. Jethro watches how Moses handles the people issues - Jethro notices that he is bombarded with questions and problems of all the people (big and small) Jethro offers sound advice, after he thanks the Lord and offers a burnt offering to the Lord ... the Advice, find capable men that can help with the leadership, making decisions... For the past few weeks I have seen Aaron and his Assistant consistently pouring themselves out to the Brookside Congregation - they are in need of "capable brothers and sisters" that can come along side them and help. Alleviate the load that they seem to be carrying all alone. This is a prayer request! We know that help is near, we are preparing to train and raise up "capable brothers and sisters".

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: