Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tending the Field

From God Calling: Remember your great field of labor is yourself. That is your first task, the weeding, the planting, digging, pruning, bearing fruit. When that is done I lead you out into other fields.

This is a hard lesson for me ... I would much rather help tend someone else's field. I would rather help anyone work through a tough situation, talk about solutions, organize a project ... to avoid myself. OF COURSE I WOULD!!! But God has some work to do in me ... am I willing. Yes I am. What is that going to look like - I have no clue. All I know is the end result will glorify God. In that I can trust.

One of my favorite scriptures was part of my reading today, it is one that I love - but honestly can not find when I try to look - it seems to pop up just in time .... I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Comfort in the word - nothing quite like it.
GRACE AND PEACE!




No comments: