Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why do I have to create titles?

From God Calling
You must be as one who runs a race, stumbles and falls, rises and presses on to the goal. What avails it if he stays to examine the spot where he fell, to weep over the delay, over the shortsightedness that prevented his avoiding the obstacles?
So with you, and I lay it on you as a command - NO looking back. Give yourself, and all you have ever met a fresh start today.

I read yesterday the Parable of the 10 Minas ... Luke 19:11-26.

I am still reflecting and pondering the implications ... What am I doing to grow the gifts the Lord has entrusted to me. He has been preparing and equipping me to help advance the Kingdom - am I really doing my part?
Which servant would I be right now - would the Lord be pleased with me and provide more - or would he take the small parts he trusted me with and pass them on to someone else.
I do not want to be the servant that went to bury all that the Lord has provided for me. I need to be intentional about putting feet to my education, my training, my gifts - to build the Kingdom. I want a 10 fold return for the Lord.
I have a tendency, looking just this past week, to create resistance and push back - I ask the Lord boldly to humble me and continue to work me into the person of God that I was born to be.

Much work still needs to be done. I need to get my fleshy self out of the way!
Which brings me to the reading from God Calling ... Fresh Start TODAY! Praise God.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: